Celebrate with these Coffee Ravioli with Basil Butter Sauce!
This unique ravioli is made with wonton wrappers, filled with a mixture of ricotta and parmesan cheeses, sour cream, eggs and brewed coffee.
2 cups Ricotta Cheese
1 cup Sour Cream
½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Eggs, beaten
½ cup Strong Brewed Coffee or Espresso
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 pkg Wonton Wrappers
Olive Oil, as needed
1 stick Butter, ½ cup
¼ cup Shallots, diced
½ cup Fresh Basil, chiffonade cut into long, thin strips
1. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, sour cream, parmesan cheese, eggs, coffee, salt and pepper.
2. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling into a wonton wrapper. Moisten edges of the wonton; lay another wonton on top and press together to form a large ravioli. Set on a floured board. Repeat until all filling is used.
3. Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add some of the ravioli, being careful not to crowd the pot. Cook until ravioli floats to the top of the water, then cook 1 minute more. Remove with a slotted spoon to a colander. Gently toss with a little olive oil so the ravioli don't stick. Continue until all ravioli are cooked.
4. Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil and the stick of butter in a saute pan. Add the shallots and saute for a minute. Add the basil and some of the cooked ravioli. Saute until ravioli are slightly brown and a little crisp. Remove, reserving drippings, and repeat with remaining ravioli.
4. Serve immediately. Grate extra parmesan cheese on top, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of: http://italian.betterrecipes.com/coffee-ravioli-with-a-basil-butter-sauce.html