Celebrate your own personal Mardi Gras with a Cajun Coffee!
3 cups brewed coffee (hot and strong)
6 tablespoons molasses
6 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
freshly ground nutmeg
1. Combine the coffee and molasses in a saucepan.
2. Heat, stirring, until molasses is dissolved and coffee is very hot (do not allow to boil).
3. Pour 1 tablespoon of rum into each of 6 mugs.
4. Add the coffee.
5. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
6. Do not stir before drinking.
Photo & recipe courtesy of: http://www.food.com/recipe/cajun-coffee-108094